BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have been lurking for a while and I have to say this is an awesome site with a great group of people and large knowledge base. On that note, I would love your input!

I have been considering the purchase of an LT for my two up riding and now seems like the right time, especially with the 4.9% offered by the dealer.

The dealer has a 2005 LT in stock loaded with the extras with a MSRP of $23,155. I know I should be able to talk them down on this, but not sure how much. I am going to have to finance if I buy new or used and figured why not buy new and get the good rate. From your experience how much room does a dealer have to play with on a new '05 LT?

Thanks,

-Ekim

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Ekim said:
Hey guys,

I have been lurking for a while and I have to say this is an awesome site with a great group of people and large knowledge base. On that note, I would love your input!

I have been considering the purchase of an LT for my two up riding and now seems like the right time, especially with the 4.9% offered by the dealer.

The dealer has a 2005 LT in stock loaded with the extras with a MSRP of $23,155. I know I should be able to talk them down on this, but not sure how much. I am going to have to finance if I buy new or used and figured why not buy new and get the good rate. From your experience how much room does a dealer have to play with on a new '05 LT?

Thanks,

-Ekim
An '05 with that MSRP, correct? Not an '06?

That seems like a lot. My '05, purchased new in September, was $19,500 plus T&T. The MSRP was $20,495.

Of course, the '05 you are looking at may have things mine doesn't. Extra-cost options on mine were the convenience package, CD changer, heated seats, and destination.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Who is the dealer? Does it have GPS? When did they take delivery? If they have been sitting on the bike for a long time they would have probably more than if they have just recieved the bike recently. If they got it recently they probably got some incentive from BMW. Either way the best way to determine is start making some call arounf the country to check on deals. I like to support the local dealers but make your best deal elsewhere and take it to them to match it. Check Chicago Harley/BMW. Is BMW offering any special incentives soon, financing, ect.?

·
Registered
883 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!

An '05 with that MSRP, correct? Not an '06?

That seems like a lot. My '05, purchased new in September, was $19,500 plus T&T. The MSRP was $20,495.

Of course, the '05 you are looking at may have things mine doesn't. Extra-cost options on mine were the convenience package, CD changer, heated seats, and destination.
It is an '05 and has the same options you have plus under lighting, central locking and some other stuff...the lady I talked to was the receptionist and I think she was just rattling stuff off a list. I plan to swing down after work tomorrow and talk to a sales guy.

Who is the dealer? Does it have GPS? When did they take delivery? If they have been sitting on the bike for a long time they would have probably more than if they have just recieved the bike recently. If they got it recently they probably got some incentive from BMW. Either way the best way to determine is start making some call arounf the country to check on deals. I like to support the local dealers but make your best deal elsewhere and take it to them to match it. Check Chicago Harley/BMW. Is BMW offering any special incentives soon, financing, ect.?
The dealer is "Bob's BMW" in Jessup, MD. I have heard good things about them here locally. It does not have GPS to my knowledge. I'm not sure when they took delivery since I really only spoke to a receptionist since the sales guys were tied up. I am going to take your suggestion and see what kind of deal I can get via the phone and take it to them. BMW is offering 4.9% on new '05 LT's and that is what I was hoping to take advatage of. I am just trying to figure out what is a good price for me to offer them ;)

-Ekim

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Ekim said:
It is an '05 and has the same options you have plus under lighting, central locking and some other stuff...the lady I talked to was the receptionist and I think she was just rattling stuff off a list. I plan to swing down after work tomorrow and talk to a sales guy...
The Convenience Package is the lighting, central locking, anti-theft system.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I should figure that you have already checked out the main BMW site, but I just did and saw this:

"This March 1st through May 2nd, 2006, you can get 4.9% financing on select 2005 and 2004 model year bikes, and start the riding season with that BMW you've been lusting after. And that's not all. All of these great machines also have manufacturer-to-dealer incentives. And a select few replace the low financing with even stronger incentives. To find out more, call or drop by your local BMW Motorrad USA dealer."

And the '05 K1200LT is included in the listing of bikes this is applicable to. So look for incentives!

Tom

·
Registered
675 Posts
IMHO - You are very fortunate to have a dealership like Bob's in your vicinity. I would gladly pay more for the bike in exchange for their service, parts, accessories and knowledge. Far too many BMW dealerships have next to none of the above !!
I make a point of stopping in to Bob's at least once a year because I know that I will nearly always be able to find what I desire and they always manage to "fit me in" for service work ----- and I travel 2500 miles for that;) .

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Convenience Package is the lighting, central locking, anti-theft system
Thanks...lot to learn I guess :)

I have called around to a couple of other shops and it looks like I should be able to get it out the door for less than 20K.

It is good to hear yet another good review of Bob's. Where do you ride from jorawro?

I stopped in there one weekend just to browes and they were very helpful. I plan on sitting down with a sales guy tomorrow and see what I can walk away with. I will be sure to ask what the other "incintives" are. Bob is offering the 4.9% plus $1000 "Bob Bucks" which can be used on accessories! :thumb:

-Ekim

·
Registered
11 Posts
aug 2005 20,095 out the door 6 % tax, title,plate for 1 1/2 years...should be able to get one for less than that .

·
Registered
161 Posts
GSinNC said:
My dealer in Charlotte, NC has a NEW '05 on the floor marked down to $18,995
http://www.bmw-ducati.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=02797968X3K9K2006J11I50I09JAMQ2011R0&veh=12102&pov=300516

With Tax and tags is should still be under $20K ! They are a great dealer. The owner is Mark. May want to give him a call !
The Daytona dealer has always listed the 05 LTs (without any options) at $18,660 www.bmwcyclesdaytona.com/newmx/index.cfm?template=bike_detail&bike=travel/k1200lt And if you go to the BMW webpage www.bmwmotorcycles.com/financing/payment_estimator.jsp?state=FL&x=12&y=14 and go through the finance page to any idea of possible payments they show the price of the 06 LTs as 18,860 even though on the LT page they show the 06 at $21,000 Makes me wonder...

·
Registered
675 Posts
It is good to hear yet another good review of Bob's. Where do you ride from jorawro?
Southern Alberta, but I have friends and family in Upstate New York. And they think I'm nuts for riding from there to Jessup:D but then they don't ride LT's ;) . Heck, anything under a thousand miles is a short outing isn't it!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Go to Rockville Harley/BMW and get a "shopping price." Have Bob's match it or better it. If there are '05's to be had from BMW you should be able to get an '05 with GPS and the intercom for less than 23K. Check pricing on BMW's websight and go from there.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Also call Hermy's BMW in port Clinton, PA. Ask to speak to Herman the owner and ask for his best price. I travel 100 miles to get great service there. Great small town dealer.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the info! I like going into a dealer armed and dangerous! :)

"Heck, anything under a thousand miles is a short outing isn't it!!"
When I hear comments like this, I get very excited about purchasing an LT!

I'm looking forward to a test ride. I have not ridden anything this large before, but from what I have read on this forum it doesnt show its weight.

I love checking out possible new toys! :D

-Ekim

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was also curious if anyone knows how much BMW charges for these accessories:

Convenience package:
- Central locking system
- Ground lighting
- Anti-theft alarm package
Lighted top case rack with integral brake light
Soft touch seat
Heated seats and back rest
High windshield
6-disc CD changer
Black seat
Chrome adjustable passenger footrest

These are the accessories added to the LT I am looking at and wanted to see how much they actually add to the list price. Just loading up on ammo :D

-Ekim

·
Registered
883 Posts
Ekim said:
Thanks for all the info! I like going into a dealer armed and dangerous! :)

"Heck, anything under a thousand miles is a short outing isn't it!!"
When I hear comments like this, I get very excited about purchasing an LT!

I'm looking forward to a test ride. I have not ridden anything this large before, but from what I have read on this forum it doesnt show its weight.

I love checking out possible new toys! :D

-Ekim
Good Luck! Based on what seems to be a lot of '05 LT's out there you should certainly be able to get out the door ... tax, tags & title for $20K or less. But if Bob's is where you plan on going for service and he will be "your" dealer I would not split hair over a few hunderd $$'s. He's going to be there when you need him.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Ekim said:
I was also curious if anyone knows how much BMW charges for these accessories:

Convenience package:
- Central locking system
- Ground lighting
Lighted top case rack with integral brake light
Soft touch seat
Heated seats and back rest
High windshield
6-disc CD changer
Black seat
Chrome adjustable passenger footrest

These are the accessories added to the LT I am looking at and wanted to see how much they actually add to the list price. Just loading up on ammo :D

-Ekim
Convenience package:
- Central locking system
- Ground lighting
Lighted top case rack with integral brake light This was standard for '05
Soft touch seat
Heated seats and back rest Also Standard for '05
High windshield again I believe the '05's came with either the tall or Euro shield standard ... do not think this was an extra cost
6-disc CD changer Standard for '05
Black seat '05's came with either a black or gray seat ... not an option
Chrome adjustable passenger footrest about $495 list

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hummm.....Wonder why the large price tag then? I'm sure all will become clear as mud when I visit Bob's this afternoon. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts