BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from riding the "Going to the Sun Highway" in Glacier National Park, Montana. Saw 5 LTs!!! I've never seen that many in one day, not even in a showroom. Anybody from here?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I rode through Glacier Natl. Park on Monday August 27th. The haze from the west coast fires and the rode construction made for less than ideal conditions, I guess I'll have to go back again next summer.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess from your perspective, my comment was relatively dumb. But for us guys out in the sticks, seeing 5 in one day in the same area (not all together), I was surprised. :D

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
YEP, here in the sticks I rarely see one LT on my ride too. :bmw:

·
Registered
335 Posts
I may see 5 LT's in a year. So far I have seen perhaps as many as 4 this year and 2 of them were seen during a three day ride around the Smokey Mountains and Blueridge Parkway the first week in July. I met one on I-65 around Nashville in June and I cannot remember if the 4th one was seen this year or last. I don't know what qualifies for living in the sticks but surely we make the grade. A friend from the Land of Fruits and Nuts once referred to the bigger town just to the south of us as "Stickville" so I guess that means I am pretty close.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Well just wait till next year Frank if ya want to see LT's. CCR is right there in your home town buddy! You can register for the event and not even worry about the cost of the hotel cause you won't need it!

John
fpmlt said:
I guess from your perspective, my comment was relatively dumb. But for us guys out in the sticks, seeing 5 in one day in the same area (not all together), I was surprised. :D

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They doing Redmond again? Just might have to go this time. Might even be on a GTL. Made the mistake of looking at one in Montana while getting a new tire put on. HOLY CRAP!!!! What a machine. Sat on the GT and it was OK. Sat on the GTL and it was like putting on a tailor made suit. I'm so screwed. :histerica

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Frank, Frank, you need to be a little more observant buddy! See the Link below for the CCR event for next year:
http://www.curvecowboyreunion.com/CCR2013/index.php

And if by "They" you were refferring to the annual MOA Rally, well it is scheduled for Salem next year! So our little corner of the world is gonna be hopping next summer my friend!

John
fpmlt said:
They doing Redmond again? Just might have to go this time. Might even be on a GTL. Made the mistake of looking at one in Montana while getting a new tire put on. HOLY CRAP!!!! What a machine. Sat on the GT and it was OK. Sat on the GTL and it was like putting on a tailor made suit. I'm so screwed. :histerica

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
AlaskaFish said:
Frank, Frank, you need to be a little more observant buddy! See the Link below for the CCR event for next year:
http://www.curvecowboyreunion.com/CCR2013/index.php

And if by "They" you were refferring to the annual MOA Rally, well it is scheduled for Salem next year! So our little corner of the world is gonna be hopping next summer my friend!

John

Ya mean that big red thingy on top? I SEE (said the blind man).

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
By Jove, I think he's got it! Yep, that's what I'm talking about Frank!

John
fpmlt said:
Ya mean that big red thingy on top? I SEE (said the blind man).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.