Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

"Never Forget"

·
Rider Journeyman
2,015 Posts
Agreed.

It is up to all of us to make sure that the 9/11 attack is not forgotten.

I know that many of us do not agree on how to wage this war against Islamic Radicals, but I think we can all agree on something that is frequently trampled in the debate:

We, Americans and free people around the world, with few exceptions all agree that Islamo-fascists must for challenged until they give up terrorism as a method of war.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
A note from my 7 year old's school said to wear red, white, and blue to school on Thursday. I can't find the note and I don't remember if the school was calling Sept. 11 Patriot's Day.

Friday afternoon, I asked my son if he knew why the school wanted everyone to wear red, white, and blue. He was less than two months old on 9-11-01 and I was afraid with the passage of time, that the reason would have been "sugar coated" or politically corrected, so as not to offend anyone.

Jason told me his teacher said some bad people knocked down 2 buildings and hurt good people. We discussed the bad people, who they were, what they did, and that our fighting men and women are taking the fight to the rest of the bad people. Jason still doesn't understand why the bad people did what they did. Not wanting to scare him and have him living in fear, I didn't tell him they hate us and want us all under their law as their servants, or dead. Kind of deep for a 7 year old. I'm afraid childhood innocence isn't lasting as long as it used to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts