BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
I just received my Neo Ion sp from them a couple of days ago. It is the Dension Ice-Link Plus. It already has the V2B2 installed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have just picked up the same unit with firmware (v22b2 as shown in the IPod display). I am in the process of installing it on my 2003 LTC. The removal of the CD Changer and hookup of the IceLink was a snap. I can select the CD Changer and then one of my playlists.

The only problem I am having is the changing of the display to Text mode. I am in the middle of researching this now and hope to get it working this weekend. I just found this thread about changing the text mode but have not tried it yet.
http://www.bmwlt.net/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=K1200LT&Number=266119&Search=true&Forum=All_Forums&Words=BMW_Text_to_rad.mp3&Match=And&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=265110

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
If you don't have the "BMW_text_to_radio.mp3" file on your iPod . . . YOU NEED IT! You can download it by clicking HERE. That's a zip file. Make sure to unzip it before trying to import it into iTunes then into your iPod.

Once that mp3 is in your iPod (I keep it there ALWAYS!)...anytime you accidentally disable text, simply play that file again and your scrolling text will come back. Cool!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Sully,

Let us know how you go with the Neo iOn SP and text. I'm just about to buy one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I downloaded the BMW_text_to_radio.mp3 from an earlier post by Messenger13, at his suggestion I created a playlist containing that file only and that did the job. These forums work great when you need an answer!

The Neo iOn SP Part Number is now available for $149 at this site:
http://mp3yourcar.com/productdetails.asp?productID=545

It looks like Neo iOn is really an IceLink Plus. at least that is what the IPod screen displays when it starts up.

My next mini project is mounting the IPod and Neo iOn in the side bag so that they are not crushed when I stuff it full of junk. I am planning on mounting a small Pelican case to the inside front of the side case that will fit both along with the cable that connects them.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Just a suggestion . . . you may want to see if you experience lockup problems with the iPod in your saddlebag. Some have reported lockups...and when they moved the iPod to the oddments box or tankbag...the lockups disappeared. I believe this was a heat and/or vibration issue. YMMV

·
Registered
17 Posts
I will keep an eye on the lockup problem. I will be mounting the IPod to minimize the vibration, but this may mean locking in the heat I fear. I have a remote temperature probe I can use the check for any heat related issues.

Once I get it done and live with it for a few weeks I will let you know how its working.

·
Registered
1 Posts
BMW_text_to_radio.mp3

Does anyone still have this file? I really need it, and can't find "BMW_text_to_radio.mp3" anywhere on the web.

Thanks!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts