BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fired up the bike this morning in the garage to ride to work. As I'm backing down the driveway notice the BC says -26 !!! During the first two miles it slowly climbs a degree at a time to the actually temp of 39 degrees F.

Anyone see this before? I will say that my battery is getting really old and is due for replacement, so it's been starting a little slow in this cold weather. The low voltage could have messed with the computer...

Another odd thing about the BC on this bike. It's an 03 that I bought 6 months ago with only 3000 miles. The average MPH has always displayed 5.0 MPH. The miles left on tank and AVG MPG have always been accurate though. Kinda weird:)

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
MAN, You *ARE* tough. At 26 below I'm not riding any more. No fear of icepatches? LOL

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
andy said:
MAN, You *ARE* tough. At 26 below I'm not riding any more. No fear of icepatches? LOL
I was very careful around the wet patches in the road this morning:cool:

·
Registered
797 Posts
I had my thermometer replace under warranty some time ago and the manager came out and told me he had some good news and some bad news. The good news was the the new thermometer was working and showing a reading - where there was none when I brought it in. The bad news was that it was showing -116F and the actual temperature was around 85. I told him not to worry because I had read ON THIS SITE that this can sometimes happen and that it would reset itself in time. A mechanic took the bike out for a test ride and by the time he got back it was in the low negative double digit numbers. By the time I got home it was pretty much dead on and has been very close ever since.

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lnowell said:
The bad news was that it was showing -116F
You get the prize for the coldest LT ride!

·
Registered
217 Posts
I had seen a similar thing... I was changing/adding wiring for aux lights, and disconnected the battery. Had the tupperware all off, including the nose (with headlight) and windshield. Ran out of time that weekend (just before Thanksgiving), so the LT sat in the carport, with the tupperware hanging on hooks, for 3 more days. When I got it all back together, connected battery again, the BC temperature indicated -40F. Oops....forgot to plug in the temp sensor in the nose (under the headlight) Even after connecting it, the BC still read -40F until I got the bike out on the road for a while.

Aux light mod--I prolly should tell of that in another thread. PIAA 1100's that run as 'daytime running lights' (series wired) when running low beam. Another set of lights on RBR Manufacturing's light bar. Highbeam either 'turns the 1100's to "normal brightness"', or 'PIAAs "off", and the ones on the light bar "on"'

1 - 6 of 6 Posts