BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one have an idea where I can find a travel cover for my 05 LT? Vetter used to sell one years ago that was small, easy to pack and covered the fairing, controls and seat.

Any info will be appreciated. Geoff

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'm looking for one too.

Quick question - what do you do with the antennae? I have both the FM and CB antennae. Are there grommets or do you roll your own?

·
Registered
509 Posts
I absolutely love my UltraGard Classic H - Half Cover. It's light weight...packs into a small pouch, and is easy on, easy off. I use it everyday at work....because it's very dusty where I work. It has soft cotton/flannel section underneath for windshield protection and has two elastic cords with hooks to secure the cover to my brake pedal on one side..and my shift lever on the other...for windy days. It's fits like it's custom made for the LT. They go for about $32 here, which is where I got mine from a few years ago.

I've included a picture below (sorry for the low quality pic...it was taken with my phone).

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
E-Z Touring

I bought an E-Z Touring cover for use when I'm traveling, about 10 years ago. The cover has been used for nearly 100K in trips. I've re-treated the cover for water proofing every year and it still keep the water out. We're currently on a trip to Savannah and after 3 days straight of heavy downpours, the cover is still water repellant. It packs up small; it's a quality product. I bought my mine for a K 1200 RS so eventually I'll get a slightly larger size for the LT. Go with the E-Z Touring, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Toolman said:
I absolutely love my UltraGard cover. It's light weight...packs into a small pouch, and is easy on, easy off. I use it everyday at work....because it's very dusty where I work. It also has two elastic cords with hooks to secure the cover to my brake pedal on one side..and my shift lever on the other...for windy days. It's fits like it's custom made for the LT. I've included a picture below (sorry for the low quality pic...it was taken with my phone).
This doesn't look like the Classic II cover (the only cover by Ultragard listed at MC Superstore)... Any idea what model this one is?

·
Premium Member
7,797 Posts
I recently bought the EZ Touring half-cover. I've used it several times; fits well, highest quality, etc. Betty at EZT was great to work with. I had the usual special requests. :eek: ("Can you ship it to me on the road?" "Sure, no problem.")It's pricier at approx. $90 but their reputation is first-rate. I liked it so much I also bought the full cover, and I'm thinking about their Unigo cover!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts