BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 99 LT has a radio fault, the only button working is on/off, nothing else responds. I want to remove the control panel to take a look at the connections and I'm hoping somebody on here has some instructions to give me as the manual doesn't mention how to do this.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
You have to remove the front turnsignals, the adjustable wind wings, the small center panel in front of the seat, then the main side fairings. Then the radio "Sting Ray" can be removed, 4 screws and some electrical plugs.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
disconnect the battery first

Before you spend the time to take the tupperware off, disconnect the battery overnight. It has been known to fix lots of problems with the radio and the motronic.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also am having trouble with my radio. I tried to disconnect the battery to see if that would help. It did not help. The radio still maintained its memory. How would I disconnect the radio so it would be completely disconnected... Any Ideas??

LLoyd

·
Registered
5 Posts
As has been said , remove batt terminal first . say 20 to 30 mins. may reset diagnostic on radio. the removal of the panels and stingray is a doddle (easy!)

take time and dont force anything! clean and spray all connectors with appropriate lube. and keep fingers crossed . i had to bite the bullet and go for a replacement, ouch!
Ps plenty pics on the site for the removal steps .

good luck, Nick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts