BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed centerstand. I had less than 12.0 volts at switch (will deal with that problem once I put everything back together). I hooked up motor directly to battery and appears to work ok. After taking apart and cleaning piston and other parts. I am now having a hard time in putting "shaft/piston"? through canister (not sure how else to describe this). I initially thought one of the seals (piston ring that is skived) was broken. Turns out that is the way it should be. One question, can anyone suggest where to find these seals/piston rings right away? Also, is there a trick to puttting this back together? I am optimistic that once i put this all back together (after cleaning and putting in new gear oil), the worse case is i have an elecrical switch (proximity switch?) Problem. I would appreciate any suggestions anyone may have. If anyone happens to know where I can get these rings/seals and can suggest how to put back on, i would appreciate you letting me know. I am having a bit of trouble in getting shaft through canister without having ring/seals come off. One of the seals had an O ring behind it.

I just recently bought bike and have only had time to take out a few times. I am hopefull I can soon be enjoying it and this is the last of my problems.

·
Registered
700 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also looked at the pics from the latest thread you just mentioned. Although the piston ring and seals are shown, there is no mention of how to install seals after taking out piston or where to buy replacement seals. Hard to believe, but this to me was or is the only real issue I have come across that prevents me from putting everything back together.

I am open to any other suggestions from anyone that may know what I am referring to.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello,

I did the rebuilt using Ari's file and this is perfect no tuperware to remove and it took me 15 min to remove the center stand.

I bought the seals at [email protected] very good customer service and very helpful.
these price are jut for information

* Rod Seal Part # "UC10x16x4.5U/MA30" Buna-N $12.50 each
* Wiper Seal Part # "WP10x16x2.6x3.6/5U/A47" Buna-N $12.50 each
* 4 o-ring 40mm ID x 2.0mm Crossection O-Ring (Burna-N) .80 each

Delivery is 1-week

take car

Stephane

1 - 6 of 6 Posts