BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost track of the earlier post regarding the member of this site who was making the tire changing tools. It got so long that I could'nt keep track of the availability of the tools etc. I bought the tire changer at Harbor Freight yesterday but was not sure if I need the extra attachment that is supposedly needed changing motorcycle tires. Does anyone know if the extra $50 attachment it is definately needed to change our LT tires? Can anybody help me out with how to contact the member of the site to purchase the pry bars etc that he was making to use with the Harbor Freight unit? Thanks.... Glenn

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Yes,the m/c attachment is needed. Also, the included bar is not going to cut it. It will damage your rims. Some have used plastic from milk containers for protection but a proper bar with supplied protective coating or replaceable cover is better. The old site has a few threads on this with suggested sources for the bar.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Check out this thread on the RT DB. One of the moderator, Mitch, made a number of tire changing bars that can be used on the Harbor Freight maching. I bought one this spring, and it works very well. Tire removal and mounting is a one had opertion with the bar, and the HF tire changing machine. I think he had several left over from orders he had taken on the bars. I paid $75 including shipping, and it was more than worth it.

http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthrea...d=GearAccess&Number=403449&fpart=1&PHPSESSID=

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I already received the tool from Mitch....looks like a quality piece to me! Now I just gotta wear out my 020 front tire and try to use it.....I guess that sure won't take long since its already started cupping at 1800 miles...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts