BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new GPS now. I am using a Zumo 550 on my Harley and my KLR 650. I plan on buying a BMW R1200RT or GSA by Summers end as I just dont have the time now to do so. If i by the BMW NAV V and I want to use it on my KLR and Harley in the meantime is this the one I would need.
http://www.amazon.com/BMW-Motorrad-...pebp=1434328075836&perid=AB49631864454BE28D06

And if so when I purchase my new BMW I would just take it out of this cradle and it would go directly onto the BMW that comes pre wired? Do I have my info correct?
Thanks guys

·
Registered
418 Posts
Yes, No and Maybe.

YES: A '14/'15 RT has a "cradle" integrated into the dash. So if you bought that Amazon item, it would fit directly into the RT cradle.

MAYBE: A GS...no idea if a cradle is integrated.

NO: If you want to switch the GPS from RT/GS then to Harley then to KLR, you would need to buy another "cradle". You can buy cradles separately. It might be better financially to have the dealer throw in a Nav V with the bike, then go buy 2 cradles (for the Harley and KLR).

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
It might be worth checking the Garmin Zumo 660 cradle which worked with the Nav lV so I would imagine the Nav V would as well, the Garmin cradle is available for around $50 which is a lot cheaper than the BMW cradle. There must be someone that has both a 660 and a Nav V that can give the definitive answer.

Gerhard

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It might be worth checking the Garmin Zumo 660 cradle which worked with the Nav lV so I would imagine the Nav V would as well, the Garmin cradle is available for around $50 which is a lot cheaper than the BMW cradle. There must be someone that has both a 660 and a Nav V that can give the definitive answer.

Gerhard
Thanks. I was told that by many others and ordered the garmin cradle from Amazon. If it doesnt work I can return it. I ordered the NAV V from Amazon also @ $799. Seems to be the going rate and was the same or less than the Zumo 590.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts