BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,
Long story short (as possible) I am trying to bluetooth a Zumo 550 with XM, Iphone 4 and Scala rider G4

I have a Zumo 550 that is is to date with all firmware updates. Received a garmin XM puck for Christmas, only to find out my 550 wont bluetooth XM.

I ordered the sony blue tooth and now have bluetooth for my XM, I paired the sony to the Scala G4.

I then paired my Iphone 4 and the Zumo. All is working great except when I answer a call the person on the other end cant hear me respond. I can hear them great.

Any idea's?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I have the same issue Heres what happens. I turn on my zumo, then my doggle to listen to xm. When my headset connects then it turns the doggle off. Go figure. Then I have to drop the headset and then the xm is back. if you get a call push ignore. Go to the tool screen and connect the headset and now the phone works. It really sucks but I dont get that many calls so i dont mind. I would rather have the XM anyways.
It sounds like a lot but I do it in about 1 minute.
Hope this helps. Some one else may have a better solution.

Zeke

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have the same situation except I do not use the XM. I have been with Scala tech support for hours and they told me it must be a problem with the Iphone. When ever I get a call , I can hear them but they never hear me. I have followed all their suggestions with regards to what is paired with what. I simply had to give up and accept the fact that talking on the phone while riding is really not a good idea!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of Bluetooth---------it sucks---------if you get it fixed today and later add another device it will not work........everyone complains about a cord from your bike to the helmet, just wait til you get through making it work all the time.....some folks have gone through 5 bluetooth systems and they still do not work.....

Hard wired is the way to go. You just paid more and got less isn't that what technology is all about...............................?? :histerica

1 - 5 of 5 Posts