BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to purchase a K1200LT, I presently 80% positive I will purchase an LT over a comparable year Goldwing. I have received two different explications about an LT-E, 1-it is a basic comfort package, 2-it has all accessories (GPS, intercom, Cb.....). Any clarifications?

Is $15,800 a decent price for a 2003 LT-E?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
swamprat said:
I am looking to purchase a K1200LT, I presently 80% positive I will purchase an LT over a comparable year Goldwing. I have received two different explications about an LT-E, 1-it is a basic comfort package, 2-it has all accessories (GPS, intercom, Cb.....). Any clarifications?

Is $15,800 a decent price for a 2003 LT-E?

Any help would be appreciated.
The E ("Elite" or "Exodus"), was literally an LTC ("Custom", previously the top of the line, with chrome trip, CD changer, BC computer, etc.) PLUS several dealer-installed items that were options on the "lower" models: GPS, intercom, saddlebag liners, CB radio (not sure about the CB, fading memory), and a couple other bits.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Sounds high from what others have been selling here the past few months.

That is unless :p It has less than 5K on her. Then a fair deal, but not killer IMHO.

Scott

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I also agree with motorhead, You could probably do better on price. Hey,At least you picked what we here call the better bike.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Weight

Just understand that as long as it's moving, it's great. At a standstill it is a pig. If it falls over at a STOP sign or when you're turning around it is a MAMA DOG to pick up and you pretty much need another guy to help you.
Of course, the same goes for a Goldwing.

Robin

·
Registered
61 Posts
Better Price

that machine is priced $3000.00 more than i will sell you my 2003 for. what could you do with the extra money??? you can find my ad in classified starting with 2003 k1200lt with chrome kit for sale. don

·
Registered
284 Posts
get the LT

just got off a 1400 mile ride over the weekend....
i bought my LT about 2 or 3 months ago....used....with 77000 miles on it...

just rode from north Georgia to Daytona and was having so much fun on the way i home i just shot on past my exit and went to Ironhorse in North Carolina instead.....

never rode so far with NO discomfort.....

if only i hadnt had to go to work today id still be riding!

plus.....the LT rocked in all the mountain turns around Deal's gap and places like that.....

dont fool around....just get the LT and be done with it....quit worryin about where to pile all ur junk.....plenty of storage....quit worryin about a sore butt....very comfortable seat.....quit worryin about getting blown all over the rode on interstates.....solid as a rock.....

oh...and those heated grips and the heated seat felt pretty good Sunday morning when it was about 40 degrees!!

look at em on ebay to get some price sensitivity for the different year models and mileages.....sounds like the price on the one u are looking at is a little high.....

thats my 2 cents worth.....

Oh....and by the way....LT group is meeting up at Ironhorse this coming weekend....chances are good someone there will have a line on a good road ready LT for sale.....check it out...ironhorsenc.com

kip
99 champagne LT

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the responses

The clarifications really helped.

Unfortunately the bike sold, most dealers are saying they can not keep the LT's on the show room floor ( at least here in the Mid Atlantic region). I will be keeping my eye out for a good deal to join, as my co worker with an R model calls himself and other BMW commuters on these crisp October mornings, The Balmy Butt Bunch.

Thanks again for the input

1 - 8 of 8 Posts