BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CASE of BEER to the rider who HELPs solve this challenge

we need RIGHT-side chrome plastic trim parts for 2005 BMW K1200LT- the 3*horizontal*plastic chrome strips*pieces*(one with BMW logo - and NOTE: we DO NOT NEED the logo insert just the*plastic*piece*under it)
- plus the honeycomb black plastic oval insert under these parts inside the cowl faring *intake area --- any ideas where to get these - how about making them with a 3-D printer ?

need other items - but lets start with these - do you have them ?
3) 46 63 2 309 434 Grill (honeycomb) piece $___? new=8.22
8) 51 13 7 676 728 Grill Support $____?
12) 46 63 7 699 570 molding upper right $___?
12) 46 63 7 699 572 molding lower right $___?

+

ps - I ALSO Posted herein about this issue
anyone have a link to a 2005/2006 electrical schematic for my LT
.. the 15 amp alarm/rear brake light - horn is blown .. so I have a "hard short" in one of these areas ?

.. anyone have this issue - know where to start or suggestions
... I thought to disconnect the alarm / then horn / then brake and see where it is ... but not sure where all these wires are
.. looked under both seats - not sure what wires to disconnect to ISOLATE the PROBLEM

.. maybe some LT rider might have had this issue and knows where to start looking - ideas/suggestions youtube links ? thanks
-ps- I have the 2 box fuse under seat (think this might be the 2006 set-up ?)

-RIDE SAFE

NOT SURE I WILL GET YOUR REPLY HERE - SO COULD U PLEASE ALSO EMAIL ME at [email protected]

- thanks a ton

ps- have 2 LTs - can only ride one -thus 4 sale either low mile 05 or 09 LT for sale - can't ride BOTH - love both

Attachments

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,068 Posts
OK on the alarm fuse it could be a failed alarm. Only way to be sure is to pull the top box and remove the three pin power connector. Yes I have seen this before (twice) and the only cure was to remove or replace the alarm. If you do remove it you need to do a few jumpers to bypass the alarm so you can start the bike. While the photo shows the plug you need to perform the jumpers on, look for a three pin that has a Green, Red White and Brown wires. That is the power plug.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts