BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I returned from a ride today and was preparing to back my LT into my garage, much to my surprise I couldn't shift into reverse because the shift knob, or handle, was gone. I can't imagine how that could happen but I really need to find one. Any ideas where I might locate one? Please correct me if I've called it the wrong thing.

·
Premium Member
3,872 Posts
Get with Tony at LT Parts.com (see link on Home Page) and I am sure he can help you out quick and a lot less expensive than getting a new one.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Mine fell off once........a shop found me a used one in their parts bin.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
If Tony at LTParts.com, or the Beemerboneyard does not have one drop us a PM, as I am sure we have one off the salvaged LT we are parting out.

John

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I have an email in to Tony. Are there any other parts necessary in replacing the knob?

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Just the T-25 Torx bolt that holds it on. Ask Tony to toss one in if it's not too late to do so. And when you do put it back together use a drop of Locktite on the threads to help prevent it from vibrating out again. DAMHIK!

John
Arby60 said:
Thanks guys. I have an email in to Tony. Are there any other parts necessary in replacing the knob?

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
That is a good point Grif! I overdid the Locktite just once! Also, try to be sure that the drop is on the threads and not where the selector knob slides over the shaft!

John
grifscoots said:
When he says drop of loctite, he means it. If you bathe it, you'll have fun at your next service.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts