BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a OEM front seat that fits a 2005 LT for sale?

I am considering getting a Russel all day seat conversion but the seat pan on my bike has a crack near the heated seat switch. I figured I'd see if I can buy a used front seat with a good seat pan.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Type in. Seats K1200LT on ebay motors if one isn't availabe here.

Reactions: katnapinn

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Type in. Seats K1200LT on ebay motors if one isn't availabe here.
Thanks but been there, done that.

I've been monitoring ebay for quite some time. Everything available is for 1999-2004. Nothing for 2005 and newer. :crying:

·
Premium Member
7,612 Posts
Thanks but been there, done that.

I've been monitoring ebay for quite some time. Everything available is for 1999-2004. Nothing for 2005 and newer. :crying:
Did you check BeemerBoneYard?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a heated seat that came off a pre-2005 LT that I purchased with the same idea. I am told the pre-2005 seats will fit the post-2005 bikes, but some plastic may need to be trimmed. Not sure how significant this is. If you are interested send me a PM.

Cheers,
Dan

·
Premium Member
7,612 Posts
Anyone have a OEM front seat that fits a 2005 LT for sale?

I am considering getting a Russel all day seat conversion but the seat pan on my bike has a crack near the heated seat switch. I figured I'd see if I can buy a used front seat with a good seat pan.

Thanks!
I am thinking along the same line. I was looking for some seats with ripped or damaged covers, but with heaters that still work and sound pans. I would like to keep my original seats in case I decide to sell the bike some day or just don't like the Russell seat.

Such searts seem scarce for the 2005 and later models. If anyone has a set of seat pans with operable heaters, let me know. Condition of covers is obviously irrelevant.
:smile:

·
Registered
96 Posts
This seat is heated and for the pre-2005 K1200LT. I don't know what they are worth, but I seem to remember shipping was expensive. PM me if you are interested and please be patient, I am retired and spend more time riding than on the computer. :)

Dan

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts