BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 R1250RT
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

I have a set of LED headlights coming from Cyclops, due to arrive in a couple of hours. I have been pulling apart the front fairing following some general instructions seen on many threads. I am trying to get all this done prior to the lights arriving. We have today and Sunday with great riding weather and I dread having this bike in pieces due to my struggle.

For the attached pic, I am struggling getting to get this piece off. I have removed all the visible screws and pulled the stud from the grommet at the lower front. Where my finger is pointing, the piece is hung up on a fastener or connector I cannot see. I have pulled fairly strongly on this but do not want to pull any harder as I am fearful there is a screw that I cannot see. I have pulled the piece back and checked it out from all directions with a penlight and cannot see any connections.

Also is the right side removed in the same manner. With the antenna there, I am not certain if that piece is connected differently

I believe once this is out of the way, every other piece has visible screws and should be fairly straight forward. If this is not correct, pls give me any advice.

Can someone give me advice on how to remove this piece? Purty Please??

Thanks,
David.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
David, I recently did this work. Look at this thread, there are links down the page on factory instructions that will help you.

You won't be able to open subsequent steps in Post 7, go to Post 11 and it lets you...that's where your answer is.

Regards, Paul

·
Registered
2020 R1250RT
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paul,

Thank you SO much! Everything is removed and I am waiting on my friendly USPS person to drop off.

I saw this link in another thread but saw the model and when I went to BMW's site, it seemed the instructions were for an older model. Mine is a K52 so I figured these would not apply.

Regardless, following the instructions in detail helped me out. Hopefully putting it back together goes reasonably well.

Thanks again,
David.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts