BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I've been working on my oil leak I noticed I was missing a rubber grommet for fastening part of the upper fairing. The neat thing was that there was a screw for the fairing just sitting below where the grommet goes just laying on a bit of ledge not in a hole of any sort, gives credence to extra screws just hanging out in the bike to confuse one.

Also just because my stripped bolt hole wasn't enough I decided to shear off a bolt from the valve cover to make the task of getting my girl back on the road more challenging. So any advice where I can get these two parts (see pictures) would be appreciated.

Thanks

-Preston

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Because they are the vastly superior black anodized torx screws you can get them anywhere you want. As long as you want to get them at your local(or distant) BMW dealer. The dealer is the ONLY place they are available.

Inferior non-anodized hex head bolts are available in the correct size at your local ACE hardware.

Loren

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Because they are the vastly superior black anodized torx screws you can get them anywhere you want. As long as you want to get them at your local(or distant) BMW dealer. The dealer is the ONLY place they are available.

Inferior non-anodized stainless steel hex head bolts are available in the correct size at your local ACE hardware.

Loren

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
The rubber grommet you refer to is also known as a wellnut, and your BMW dealer will have them for $4.00 plus! They do go bad on a somewhat regular basis, so don't think this will be the only one you'll be replacing.

John

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the information everyone, it's much appreciated!

-Preston

1 - 7 of 7 Posts