BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Al my body parts intact after a "near miss", but not true for the bike. Was dirven into the curb, and broke the right floorboard in half. Also broke the right side engine spoiler and the footrest plate. Any way to get those pieces without going through BMW (Bring My Wallet)? Have limited time to spend, since we are scheduled to leave for our Ohio trip June 7. Any ideas appreciated!

Chuck

·
Registered
805 Posts
+1. Also watch Ebay, several outfits that take apart LTs sell the parts there. Advertise in the classified forum, of course, and if you are a BMW MOA member, check out the flea market and put in a WTB ad on the internet site. Good luck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Boneyard

Lost_but_Happy said:
Have you checked out Beemer boneyard (www.beemerboneyard.com)? They often have good deals on parts, though I've heard that you have to watch them like a hawk and be ready to pounce! :)

Thanks! I knew there was a place, but couldn't find it searching thru here. Will give tha a shot!

Chuck

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Beemer Bone Yard!!!!!!

Thanks for the ideas guys! They had the right foot peg plate for $45...vice $280 new. Gonna try the super glue on the other panel...between that and duct tape, you can fix anything (almost!).

Thanks again for the great inputs!!

Chuck

·
Registered
37 Posts
Chuck,

You might also try http://www.cyclesrecycled.com/ if the super glue & duct tape don't work for the other parts you need.

Be sure to call and ask for what you need. The web site is not up to date as far as what parts are available. They have been very helpful in the past, with quick shipping. Parts arrived in good condition.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the link, Tom! Will try it.

Also, good lead on the EBAY, guys! THey didn't have the exact panel, but I hadn't thought of it. Wil keep an eye out there.

Chuck

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
Deputy 5211

You may want to try contacting Tony K. (Deputy 5211) here on the list. He is parting out a bike with lots of good parts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts