BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use my GT for work. I'm a Respiratory therapist and carry various types of specialized equipment. I can fit all my equipment on my bike using the 49L topcase, and/or the sidecases.

However, I was surprised to learn the 49L topcase would not hold one specific item, which always fit in my HD Ultra Classic tourpack (topcase).

I'm looking for a soft (waterproof preferred) piece of luggage I can attach to the passenger seat.

The dimensions of the equipment in question are 11.5” x 11” x 16.5”, so I'd need something a bit larger. Expandable luggage is fine, but it must be able to be tightly secured.

Any thoughts, links on the web, I can look at?

Thanks.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Helen 2 Wheels bags are waterproof, durable Cordura nylon
with built in luggage stow loops and reflective stripes.
The luggage straps are easily configurable and will not slip.
See instructions link for pictures on securing bags.

http://www.helen2wheels.com/products/

I've had mine since 1999.
Still like new, despite years of hard use.

Gary

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks folks. Good suggestions. Not sure how Helentwheels would work.

I'm also open to a rack bag, I'd just leave the topcase at home. Anyone know anything about this - Rack Bag

Here's the piece of equipment I'd be hauling -

·
Registered
418 Posts
The XL Clothes Sack should work.

http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/product/1104/Helen_Twowheels_Clothes_Sacks

I have two (2) clothes sacks (XL and L) and one (1) XL roll top bag that I secure on the back seat of my K1200LT.
Never shifted; never had a problem.

Personally, I'd be concerned that the respirator may be too heavy to mount on top of the top case.
I'd want it secured lower along the center of gravity.

Hope this helps.

Gary

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Frankly, I still love . . . and I mean LOVE my home-grown seat-bag. It's 110% waterproof, huge, and it mounts and dismounts in seconds. Checkout this thread for all of the details.

Oh ... I no longer rely on just the bungee nets to hold it on. Not that they didn't do a good job. I just felt more comfortable with a better straping system. I do use the nets to hold extra stuff on top of the seat-bag. Like my CamelBak, for instance.

Here's a pic:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is a great idea, and the price certainly seems right. Thanks.

messenger13 said:
Frankly, I still love . . . and I mean LOVE my home-grown seat-bag. It's 110% waterproof, huge, and it mounts and dismounts in seconds. Checkout this thread for all of the details.

Oh ... I no longer rely on just the bungee nets to hold it on. Not that they didn't do a good job. I just felt more comfortable with a better straping system. I do use the nets to hold extra stuff on top of the seat-bag. Like my CamelBak, for instance.

Here's a pic:

·
IBR# 366
16,532 Posts
Hey Joe, what tank bag do you have?

·
IBR# 366
16,532 Posts
messenger13 said:
The Big Mak Stealth XL. It has the rain cover installed in that pic. I really like it ... still. ;)
That's the one I was thinking about. I'll check it out in Cambria, if not sooner. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts