BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really don't want to ship but time is one factor and the other is my wife does not want to ride from NH to CA in 3 days.
I need to ship atleast one bike and possibly two bikes from New Hampshire to San Francisco, Does anyone have actually experience or know someone that shipped a bike? How was the experience?
Any help or input would greatly be appreciated! Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,120 Posts
I really don't want to ship but time is one factor and the other is my wife does not want to ride from NH to CA in 3 days.
I need to ship atleast one bike and possibly two bikes from New Hampshire to San Francisco, Does anyone have actually experience or know someone that shipped a bike? How was the experience?
Any help or input would greatly be appreciated! Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
It had been a while since I had an RT that I had bought, shipped to me from WA, but this outfit was great: Motorcycle Shipping | HaulBikes Motorcycle Transport |

They specialize in just transporting motorcycles. Their 18-wheelers have trailers that are double-decker, and set up just to carry bikes.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
What is the purpose of your trip?
Would it make sense to fly and rent a bike at your destination?
Only you can answer that question, but I wanted to put it out there.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is the purpose of your trip?
Would it make sense to fly and rent a bike at your destination?
Only you can answer that question, but I wanted to put it out there.
No, we gonna start in San Francisco and then ride home, hitting all the national parks we can and major scenic spots, cool roads on the way, be home in 18 days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts