BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings:
Am headed out to Sturgis in about a month on my K1200LT, which will be a 1300 mile trip from Columbus, OH. Due to six back surgeries, I am sure it will be painful! One friend suggested a backrest, which helps him tremendously, but I don't really want to dole out the $$$ for a brand new one (the new tires ate up a large portion of my budget).

I was hoping someone here might have, or knows someone who has, a back-up backrest they might be willing to rent me for a couple of weeks, or, even sell outright for a reasonable cost.

My e-mail is: [email protected]

Thanks!!

Jim

·
Registered
116 Posts
With or without a backrest, make sure you have a A-1 lumbar support! I have a backrest, and still I am prone to aching back after 100 miles or so, and find that a lumbar support (preferably one that has a dual Velcro fastening so you can make it tight) really helps . That and a couple of Advil every 4 hours does wonders! :bmw:

·
Registered
444 Posts
On long rides I have a waterproof duffel I strap to the passenger seat. This also doubles as a backrest. It was less than $30 at Wally WOrld. I use it to pack clothes in so when I get to the hotel I can just grab it and go in.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have a Back Up Back Rest......I have had two surgery's..... spinal fusion L3-L4-S1
tremendous support ......
Mine cost me $400 but it was well worth the investment ...
Sorry i can not lend you mine ..it being used :bmw:

·
Registered
10 Posts
+1

living_free said:
On long rides I have a waterproof duffel I strap to the passenger seat. This also doubles as a backrest. It was less than $30 at Wally WOrld. I use it to pack clothes in so when I get to the hotel I can just grab it and go in.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Ghetto Mod- buy a BMW head rest (any leather head rest will suffice) from your local Wrecker. Simply stuff the two poles between the riders seat and the passenger seat. It sits just below the pan and does not interfere with anything. My headrest tilts on the posts and is adjustable.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts