BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help activating the FOB Unlock so that I can open the left side to access seat unlock.
I was going to replace my battery and I need to pop the seat. The locks are are closed by the FOB Lock and I can't get the FOB to Open the locks. 2005 K1200 LT

Need to access the battery under the seat and I can't get to the seat unlock.

Please send your recommendations and instructions.

My battery was failing at the end of this riding year. I changed the fuel filter and air filter a few weeks ago and didn't try to start the bike. I had the battery on the battery tender and bought a new battery to install. Couldn't get the FOB to unlock the the locks or get the electric center stand to work. Tried connecting the fully charged new battery via the accessory plug. Still no center stand or luck with FOB unlocking. There is one recall with the alarm system that is outstanding. This recall has the alarm system shut down under 50 degrees, which is where I was today.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions and instructions.

Dean Kohlmeyer

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
Just use a credit card or screw drive to pop the seat latch between the rider and passenger seats.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,249 Posts
Use the key - turn it only 45 degrees and you can open the lock.

·
Registered
832 Posts
jzeiler said:
Use the key - turn it only 45 degrees and you can open the lock.
Yeah, do that..........good trick.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The key trick won't work when the alarm system has the locks shut.
I forced a plastic trowel and popped the seat, as recommended.
Installed the new battery and now the locks will deactivate via the FOB/ Alarm system.
I think it is time to deactivate the alarm/ lock system.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,249 Posts
NCIowaLT said:
The key trick won't work when the alarm system has the locks shut.
I works on my 05 but it is only a 45 degree turn and you press the button while the key is in, works on both side cases and the top case - it will not work on the oddiments box. Normal operation is a 90 degree turn.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts