BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going cross country (LA to DC) on my 2000 LT.

Murphy's law is playing hell with me.

Final drive is starting to sound like an out of round tire. Suspect main bearing. No play when wobbling tire. Changed gear oil and there was "some" metal on magnetic drain plug.

Currently in Las Cruces,NM. Odessa TX friday and Weatherford TX on sat. Not sure how much longer the drive is going to last.

Anyone have one they could sell and overnight to me?

Please call and leave msg (I'll be on my bike hopefully)

Thanks,
Pawkee
512-970-7223

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've been searching for some parts myself. I have run across several complete rear ends. I'm sure I could have one sent overnight for you. Will be in-touch.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
I have a final drive I can ship to you.
I recommend you do not ride further than you absolutely have too on your failing drive. It can make the difference between a rebuildable drive and junk.
There maybe folks closer to you with a final drive than I am but I could get it to UPS today and send it overnight.
Sent you a PM with phone numbers.

·
Registered
67 Posts
CharlieVT said:
I have a final drive I can ship to you.
I recommend you do not ride further than you absolutely have too on your failing drive. It can make the difference between a rebuildable drive and junk.
There maybe folks closer to you with a final drive than I am but I could get it to UPS today and send it overnight.
Sent you a PM with phone numbers.

This group ROCKS!

That's all I have to say.....

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
secretaryrick said:
This group ROCKS!

That's all I have to say.....
One of our members coined a phrase a few years ago that I've used over and over that goes like this

" 'Cause that's what we do"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts