BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody can help me out to find a manual for my K1200LT? I need to know the back pin for Auxiliary witch they are?
Thanks !
Gomy

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,259 Posts
The unused connector on the back of the radio has the following pinouts:

The terminals are pins:

1 -- headset out, right channel

3 -- headset out, ground
4 -- AUX audio ground

6 – headset out, left channel
7 -- power ground
8 -- AUX audio in, right channel
9 -- AUX audio in, left channel
10 -- +12V power -- controlled by radio ON button

If you look closely you can make out the pin #s Connector is standard 0.100" header (like IDE for a computer).

This is the "AUX" input and outputs used by the VOICE II intercom so it is not available if you have that installed.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,259 Posts
Pins 2 and 5 are Not connected and here is look at the rear of the radio (in German):

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
jzeiler said:
The unused connector on the back of the radio has the following pinouts:

The terminals are pins:

1 -- headset out, right channel

3 -- headset out, ground
4 -- AUX audio ground

6 – headset out, left channel
7 -- power ground
8 -- AUX audio in, right channel
9 -- AUX audio in, left channel
10 -- +12V power -- controlled by radio ON button

If you look closely you can make out the pin #s Connector is standard 0.100" header (like IDE for a computer).

This is the "AUX" input and outputs used by the VOICE II intercom so it is not available if you have that installed.
Is headset connections always active? (Pins 1, 3 and 6)
If not, how to activate it?
Has anyone used these to connect audio to intercom systems like autocom or starcom?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,259 Posts
These are active all the time but not suitable for driving an autocomm as there is no control over sound quality (Bass, Treble) so I opted for the adapter that autocomm sells to tie into the rear speaker lines. Now I have much nicer audio.

·
Premium Member
7,623 Posts
BMWK1200LT said:
Got a better link this doesn't seen to work?

I thought it wasn't working at first, but it just was really slow. I checked my nwtwork traffic and saw that it was working hard. It took several minutes to download on my DSL line.

Unfortunately, it is a manual for a 99 or 2000 bike and not much use to me for my 2007, although I assume some things are the same.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,259 Posts
The electrical diagrams are not in that manual any way and what you are looking for is not in the BMW schematics either. What I posted earlier is as good as it gets for radio/aux port info.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Need electrical manual?
I bought Clymer manual for K1200LT. Wiring diagrams are not the best ones that I have seen.

I am looking now wiring diagrams from BMW but like to get comments from others who have it. Is it worth to spend another $40+ for wiring diagram CD from BMW? Is it any better than Clymer manual wiring diagrams?
(Maybe I should have asked these questions before bought the Clymer manual)

I saw two different part# for wiring diagrams:
K 1200 LT 01 99 7 650 982
K 1200 LT 2002 NEW 01 99 0 028 839
Which one is correct for 2000 LT?

Where is the best place to acquire one?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,259 Posts
I have the SLP2 CD PN 06737703031 and got it from Chicago BMW (IIRC about $45). It contains all BMW MC models from 1996-2006. They are not the greatest diagrams at least not as good as some I have seen before in Haynes and Clymers for autos. They do have it all you just have to go to several different diagrams to see all the wires in a given connector as the digrams are function specific. Items for some accessories are not covered (i.e. the AUX port on the radio).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts