BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my trike at the dealer service for over 3 month with a no start no spark situation. been told they checked all related wires for shorts, tried swapping out the Crank (Hall Effect) sensor, checked the coil packs, replaced a faulty relay in the kickstand circuit, checked power to the fuel pump, and fuel pump and don't know what else. when i took it in I was sure it was the Crank sensor but that turned out to not be the case.
Well I'm down to replacing the ECU to see if that might be the culprit. problem is there is not one available and i'd like to find a used one if possible.

Part number is 13617695591. Any chance someone out there has one they would part with? Thanks in advance
Also, any other suggestions would be welcome.

·
Premium Member
7,837 Posts
I assume you have tried BBY?

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have had my trike at the dealer service for over 3 month with a no start no spark situation. been told they checked all related wires for shorts, tried swapping out the Crank (Hall Effect) sensor, checked the coil packs, replaced a faulty relay in the kickstand circuit, checked power to the fuel pump, and fuel pump and don't know what else. when i took it in I was sure it was the Crank sensor but that turned out to not be the case.
Well I'm down to replacing the ECU to see if that might be the culprit. problem is there is not one available and i'd like to find a used one if possible.

Part number is 13617695591. Any chance someone out there has one they would part with? Thanks in advance
Also, any other suggestions would be welcome.
I think I have an ECU....sending you a PM

·
Registered
100 Posts
This is where it would be nice to have a scrap harness and Motronic and build a breakout box. This would really make it easy to monitor the HES input and output, ignition output, etc. I haven't needed one badly enough to build one yet, but this sounds like such a case. Would likely have saved the HES replacement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts