BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 RT with a hard wired GPS mount. I am renting a 2012 RT for three weeks in the Pac NW in late June and want to use my iPhone for GPS, etc. I have an extra Ztechnik mount which fits in the "mirror holes" on the 09's handlebars and was wondering if the 2012 had a similar set up? I know they went to a new brake/clutch fluid reservoir configuration sometime after "09.

If the mirror holes are gone, any other suggestions for mounting an iPhone on a 2012?

Thanks,

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have an 09 RT with a hard wired GPS mount. I am renting a 2012 RT for three weeks in the Pac NW in late June and want to use my iPhone for GPS, etc. I have an extra Ztechnik mount which fits in the "mirror holes" on the 09's handlebars and was wondering if the 2012 had a similar set up? I know they went to a new brake/clutch fluid reservoir configuration sometime after "09.

If the mirror holes are gone, any other suggestions for mounting an iPhone on a 2012?

Thanks,
I don't think your mount will work on the 2012. I have a Z-Tek mount that bolts between the handlebars that I am not using that you can borrow if need be and I live in the Portland ,OR area. PM me if you would like to use it.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I don't know if you have a tank bag, but I have a Givi that has a clear top window that you slide an iPhone behind. I got the quick release tank ring mount which would work on both the model years you own and rent. Very easy to install in three minutes. This way, the phone is shielded from the weather too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts