BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in south Louisiana have a GS911? Just bought an '05 KLT and am having problems with it. When I picked it up, it ran great and after putting 400 miles on it, started having problems and need to run diagnostic. Hoping to avoid having to spend money on repair as well as $300 on GS911. Wife would not handle that well.
I'm just south of Lafayette. Could trailer bike on a Saturday and bring to you.
THANKS!
Bob

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Sorry for problems with a new to you bike. In the mean time why not relate what is going on? Plenty of people here to help.

Reactions: Bomajoma

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Sorry for problems with a new to you bike. In the mean time why not relate what is going on? Plenty of people here to help.
Beech, he already has a thread going. Sailor made a suggestion he look for someone nearby with a 911 on a different thread so that is exactly what he did. Hope he can find one close.

Reactions: Bomajoma

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Damn, typing while old. Thank you for the point out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey beech!
I appreciate the input. I didn't mention in my post that I had an additional post explaining the problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Bob, fellow Acadiana resident here (just north of Lafayette) proudly "sporting" a K1200Lt. I wish I could say I would be able to zip down there with my GS911 and give you a hand but I haven't gotten one yet either.
I'll head over to the other thread and check out your progress.
It's nice to know there is another K1200Lt enthusiast in the Lafayette area. If you ever need anything just let me know.
Be safe and good luck

Tom

P.S. It's just a thought, but you might consider checking with Southside Honda, the used and vintage portion (the shop directly on the right as you face Southside Honda) to see if they might have the GS911. The guy that works there is extremely knowledgeable and works on all kinds of brands. They even show a K1200Lt currently for sale out of that business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Tom! Just received a 911 from a forum member in North Carolina. In the process of sending him a Kellers King Cake in appreciation.
I'll let you know when I'm back on the road and we can do some riding.

Reactions: bmwcoolk1200
1 - 8 of 8 Posts