BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the process of setting up my Lt for a couple IB rides, the long ones ! Butt Lite and the 2017 IB.
Since we will only get one chance on these rides I would like the bike to not be an issue.
We took the bike out on a shakedown ride yesterday. i noticed that the transmission does not like to go into N easily. It takes several attempts to get it into N. Any suggestions on this issue?
I had the clutch replaced recently. I was not totally satisfied with the repair but it's the only game in town. Thats the problem with living in the boonies.
The second thing is the Abs flashing light :serious: I took it up to the Bmw dealer that repaired the clutch to get it checked out. They were able to clear an abs fault but the sensor won't clear out. I suspect as they said it is the sensor but, I would appreciate any input on this also.
Thanks Guys

·
Premium Member
1,490 Posts
Just a thought, the shifter linkage may need lubed up a little.:wave

·
Registered
321 Posts
Lot of joints in that shift linkage! Disassemble it and clean/lube each joint.

Reactions: JNW003

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,097 Posts
You have a 2002 so when you fix the fault on the ABS it will self reset. If he said it was the sensor he should have replaced or adjusted it. Then again you can adjust it yourself. The iABS unit will self reset when the fault is fixed. Do you know the pedigree of the final drive? Has it been rebuilt? How many miles on the bike?

On the shifting could be the drag of a new clutch although I have never experienced that after a clutch change. Shift linkage is where I would go first. Here is a good place to start.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts