BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2000 K 1200 lt that I need to sell. Yes I know this isnt the classifieds, but I don't know what to ask for it, Which is my question.
The bike runs great has a few dings and scratches. The big hitters are
milage is 92k
no ABS
and found metal shavings in gear box.
Please someone give me a good starting price, I am totally lost.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
You would probably get more out of it if you parted it out. or keep it, put in a used transmission from ebay or somewhere else, they go for around $800, another 5-600 for a used abs unit and your bike is good to go again. You can still conceivably ride your bike another 100k miles or more. As it stands with what you describe, your wanting price might be a whole lot different than what someone else would be willing to pay for it. You might think your bike is worth $5k, to someone else they might think your bike is a total loss and only worth $500. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. I know that I might could get more if I parted it out. Just don't have the time to devote to that. What I am hoping for is to make someone a well of a deal for the full bike. If I had a place and the knowlege to fix it I problly would.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Try an auction on EBAY. You can put a reserve on it and see what you get. Be sure to give a full description of the condition. Just a thought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts