BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been putting some new Clearwater lights on the front of the LT, and stumped with the best 12v lead to get power. I'm not sure what is the best switched accessory hot wire to use up front. Or should I run the wire back to the fuze block?

Thanks for your help.

It snowed today-and hailed-and rained-and wind of 30-40 mph. Not a great riding day and seemed like a good idea to get this project done. sometime in June perhaps we an ride again....

·
Premium Member
7,614 Posts
I have been putting some new Clearwater lights on the front of the LT, and stumped with the best 12v lead to get power. I'm not sure what is the best switched accessory hot wire to use up front. Or should I run the wire back to the fuze block?

Thanks for your help.

It snowed today-and hailed-and rained-and wind of 30-40 mph. Not a great riding day and seemed like a good idea to get this project done. sometime in June perhaps we an ride again....
If you have a Fuzeblock, I would use it. Reduces the risk of overloading a wire in the harness and causing yourself a world of hurt.

Reactions: cws

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, just to be sure, the wire from the harness is up front, and I would run a wire to the fuze block or to the heated seat wires? That would be easy, but wondered if there was something up front closer to tap into.

Thanks for the help.

Dave

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,170 Posts
If you already have a fuse block with a section that is powered only when the key is on I would run a wire to that. You could snake it through without removing any tupperware.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I'm going to do-run it to the fuze block. But, with 8 inches of snow here, and no hope of riding for at least a week, I tore the bike apart, and getting things done till the snow melts.

Brake pads, front and rear tires, brake/clutch bleed, all fluids, new clearwater lights, fuze block, etc etc etc. And a good cleaning. So, I'll be ready to go.

When I first got this bike in 2008, it had 30K. Now it has 180, and going strong. (my goal is to get to 200K this season) But none of these repairs would be possible without the help from this forum. John Zeiller, Special thanks. Kirk, your videos are so valuable. I look forward to meeting some of you in Arkansas next month.

Thanks folks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts