BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled the Hydraulic/electric centerstand to find an oil leak under the engine somewhere. (turned out the Trans Drain bolt was not tight) Noticed that the repairs I'd done last spring to the frame had cracked.again.........so it was rewelded and repainted and reinstalled w/o any problems. Pretty thin walled stuff...so if you get it done too, have the temp turned down to just above minimum.

So.....just to be on the safe side I am looking for another (uncracked) hydraulic/electric center stand bracket ...........

Just turned 100,212 miles

Anybody?? PM me if you have something.......
TIA
Pat

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,916 Posts
Dang Pat are you hitting speed bumps with it? What keeps cracking it?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It cracked right in front of the hole on the left side (where the welded bolt from the skid plate goes thru the frame). 2nd time in the same spot.

But now that you mention it......I did scrape the top of a speed bump a couple of days earlier.... but it was pretty slow speed. Guess I'll have to pay WAAAAAAY closer attention from now on, huh?

Maybe that's why they quit making/installing them on the newer bikes..........

Thanks John

Sure hope somebody has one though.

Patterson

·
Registered
476 Posts
Sadly some speed bumps are pretty easy to hit with it. I don't crack mine the two times I hit, the first time was harder (was new to the bike), the second time. Was going alot slower and still hit. Eyeshadow - now I avoid hem if possible, and if not possible I crawl and it sometimes still scrapes. Those things do seem to hang too low, I guess that's what happens when you want to add something to an existing design.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dan

Thanks for looking......I appreciate it.

Steve.......thanks for the lead...I sent the guy an email . Keeping my fingers crossed.

Pat

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Patterson, I have a complete centerstand from an '06 when I triked mine, if you have no luck with Ontario, $75.00 plus shipping...............Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
494 Posts
ebiss9 said:
Patterson, I have a complete centerstand from an '06 when I triked mine, if you have no luck with Ontario, $75.00 plus shipping...............Rob
Rob I sent you a pm...

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rob

I pm‘d you also.........hope I‘m still in the picture

Pat

·
Registered
494 Posts
Pat I'm sure you're still in the picture. I'm thinking about at converting my 09 with a manual
center stand. Somehow I bent the cage support for the electric stand which is causing
the hydraulic not to work. The ground clearance is considerably reduced due the electronic stand.
My question that I will throw out is, can an older style manual center stand bolt right onto an 09????

1 - 12 of 12 Posts