BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some Friends of mine and My Wife and I are going to trailer ( I can't believe I said that) our Bikes to Colorado From Missouri and would like to find a place to store the trailer for a week while we scoot around the mountains. The reason we are trailering is so we'll have more riding time in Colorado. We expect to get to Colorado Springs sometime Friday Aug 21st. Is there anyone there that could help us out? Thanks, Ron and Joyce and Bill and Vicky

·
Registered
82 Posts
I may be able to help you out but I am in Pueblo ~40mi south of Colorado Springs. Will you need to store a vehicle and trailer?

Ralph

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ralph, that may work ok for us. We have actually regrouped and now are going to come in from highway 54 and 50 instead of Interstate 70. If we can find some one in Walsenburg that would be even better because we are going to Durango on Hwy 160. We will only need to store the trailer (17' enclosed) as we have a motor home that we are taking the rest of the way with us .
We have also slipped it one day to Saturday the 22nd.
Thanks again, if we don't hear from someone in the Walsenburg area I get hold of you
Ron

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ron,

If you do want to come up to Pueblo there is a real nice ride on CO96 to WestCliffe and then CO69 down to Walsenburg. You wouldn't be dissappointed in the scenery. Let me know if you decide to come through.

Ralph

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Ralph, Well our plans keep changing. We were going to borrow an enclosed trailer from a local MC shop, Saturday he went to do some racing in Tulsa. That night his trailer was stolen while parked outside the hotel. (Bummer big time) Motorcycles and all. Our fall back was a smaller trailer, but after doing some measuring we decided his Valkyrie would fit or my LT, but no way both, so now we are up to plan Z, I think. We are going to ride our scoots all the way and pull our cargo trailers. What the heck, they're tour bikes anyway. Thanks for the generous offer, I appreciate it.
Ron, Joyce, Bill, Vicky :wave

·
Registered
82 Posts
Have a great ride!

Ralph

1 - 7 of 7 Posts