BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to the great brakes and ABS on the bike. Had a driver decide to do a U turn, across double yellows, in front of me on Friday. Thought the worst but pulled on all and held straight. Stopped with my front wheel resting against the front door with really no damage to both vehicles, apart from a tyre mark on the car. I must admit when I hit the picks I thought I was going down. But thanks to the awesome brakes on the bike she stopped me with little to no nonsense.
The driver said she did not see me. Yeh right, big sucker of a bike, sunshine and I am wearing a fluorescent vest. "Lady you did not look".

I think it was important that I followed the rules I learned from this site. Keep the bike straight at all times or she will take a nap.

Just thought I would share this.

Brian.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Glad you're around to make that post. Good bikes and good skills make for good riding; especially when there's no shortage of idiots out there trying to ruin our day.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Nice work Brian... glad to hear you both came out OK.
Pulls up real good, doesn't she :)

Where was this at... not that that really matters.. plenty of f*#&wits on most roads.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Made me think of a close one years ago,holiday weekend and roads going north to Sydney were blocked and hardly moving a long way out of a small town (Berry) I was going south and met a P plater who must have thought both lanes were blocked and it was smart to drive in the wrong lane at speed overtaking all the cars,met him at a corner,fortunately the gutter was concreted and big enough for a bike or a head on was assured ,very glad I was not in a car that day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.