BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife told me not to cry when NCIS LA blew up 2 RTP's on last night's show.

Garry

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Any bike sentenced to serve its life as a police bike deserves to be put out of its own misery ... and the sooner the better. :rotf:

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,170 Posts
messenger13_ver2 said:
Any bike sentenced to serve its life as a police bike deserves to be put out of its own misery ... and the sooner the better. :rotf:
But still... especially the one that got kick started!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Those were "stunt bikes" and only appeared to be blown up...

Do they really have that much money to throw around ?

They have to attach a downward pointing cannon to those to get them to flip like that...

I thought the kick start was awfully funny...I almost fell out of my chair..

John

·
IBR# 366
16,554 Posts
JPSpen said:
Do they really have that much money to throw around?
The whole point of TV is to keep as many people as possible watching so that they can play commercials and charge advertisers lots of money.

The fact that folks are discussing this show means that they have succeeded, so they can charge the advertisers more . . .

·
Premium Member
7,801 Posts
Yeh, that was a neat episode last night. When I saw the two agents undercover as CHPs, flying down the road on RT-Ps, I practically jumped out of my chair, yelling "Hey, those are RT-Ps!!". And then I got that strange look from my wife, who said "great... you're going to be in BMW heaven now..." :rolleyes:

It was neat to see a bunch of them in a parking lot outside the CHP office or whatever it was.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Follow this link to see the episode. You don't have to wait long for a laugh....1:44 for the kick-start....26:44 for the boom-boom! :cool:

Hey...wasn't CHP selling tons of RTPs a few months ago......cheap?!

·
IBR# 366
16,554 Posts
hschisler said:
It was neat to see a bunch of them in a parking lot outside the CHP office or whatever it was.
Yeah, we see them all the time around here. Sometimes, they'll even ride right up behind you and play with the pretty lights. That's when you know that they think you're pretty cool and want to have a little chat with such an obviously awesome rider . . .

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,170 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
meese said:
Yeah, we see them all the time around here. Sometimes, they'll even ride right up behind you and play with the pretty lights. That's when you know that they think you're pretty cool and want to have a little chat with such an obviously awesome rider . . .
:D Now that there was funny.

·
Premium Member
7,801 Posts
and based on personal experience??! Sounds like a story there.

·
IBR# 366
16,554 Posts
hschisler said:
Sounds like a story there.
Or a bunch of stories . . . ;)

I'm guessing Joe has given out his signature to adoring fans about as many times as I have . . .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts