BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to upgrade my OEM Motorrad I gps with a Navigator IV including the 4 button cradle on my 2002 LTE. I have searched the forums and online but haven't hit on a good installation solution. Can the first gen Motorrad mount be reused? Do I need to look to installing a shelf? Is there a mount out there for the Nav IV that someone is happy with? I'd prefer to keep the gps in the current line of sight position. I'm intending to use bluetooth only with the IV and my Schuberth C3 SRC unless someone can point out some additional functionality I might be missing. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
87 Posts
You can use the OEM mount with the newer GPS, the bolt pattern is the same for the newer cradle, you will have to re-wire as the wiring harness is different.

I've been working on a 2002 LTE that has a NAV III mounted using the OEM mount system for the StreetPilot III+ model that was standard install on the LTE.

If you have any questions let me know, be glad to help if you need.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Boots, thanks both for your reply and good news on the mount. I don't have much wiring experience and haven't detuppered my bike before. I'll be sure to take you up on your offer when I get back to the bike.

Thanks!
Pete

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.