BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, is there a way for both rider and passenger to hear the GPS directions? My wife is constantly interrupted by the GPS but doesn't know it because it doesn't feed into her helmet. Not a big deal, but at least she would know when I didn't hear and when I'm just ignoring her.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Same problem here. Of course perhaps the problem is that our backseat drivers talk too much!

I also ran into a problem on our last trip where everything works okay except the intercom. Now, whenever it is activated by voice, it has alot of static. We can still hear each other, but it is not the way it was. I have checked all connections, but can't find anything wrong. Suggestions?

·
Miles of Smiles
1,055 Posts
Not with the VOICE II...

...as far as I know. To be honest, I now don't use the voice prompts as the screen in 3D is so easy to interpret with a quick glance. The Nav II was the same. My wife could tell when it was talking to me as her feedback when speaking via the speakers altered.
While on the NAV III, can any one tell me how to mark a waypoint while riding along ? ie you see something intersting along the way but can't stop. The NAV II you just held down the find button for 1 sec. and a sequencial numbered waypoint was generated, not so with the Nav III

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Feedback?

Hilton/ said:
My wife could tell when it was talking to me as her feedback when speaking via the speakers altered.
Mate, I thought you were going to say it was because you stopped talking....... :histerica :p

PS... Have you started blogging yet?? We are feeling deprived of pics of Rena & your travels!! ;)
:)

·
Miles of Smiles
1,055 Posts
Yep, Rena is going mad with the camera but ....

....I'm not good at adding them to the blog. Would you like a CD ? Europe will sort me out, No one will understand me :) Cheers

·
Registered
158 Posts
I don't know if the Nav III is the same as the 2720 that I have but if so if you just touch the map screen anywhere on the map portion and the unit asks if you want to save the current position as a waypoint. Give it a try, it might work.

Ken

Hilton said:
...as far as I know. To be honest, I now don't use the voice prompts as the screen in 3D is so easy to interpret with a quick glance. The Nav II was the same. My wife could tell when it was talking to me as her feedback when speaking via the speakers altered.
While on the NAV III, can any one tell me how to mark a waypoint while riding along ? ie you see something intersting along the way but can't stop. The NAV II you just held down the find button for 1 sec. and a sequencial numbered waypoint was generated, not so with the Nav III

·
Miles of Smiles
1,055 Posts
One tap coming up.

Thanks Ken, haven't tried that. Had Garmin UK stumped as well, I'll give it a try. :thumb:

·
Miles of Smiles
1,055 Posts
Finally Figured it Out

" I don't know if the Nav III is the same as the 2720 that I have but if so if you just touch the map screen anywhere on the map portion and the unit asks if you want to save the current position as a waypoint. Give it a try, it might work "

Just had the chance to try this out yesterday, it works fine. Asks if you want to save it as a favorite, and saves as a road name, feature, etc rather than a sequential number, (001, 002,) Thanks Ken.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts