BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, has anyone ever lost the voice command on their GPS Navigator III unit before and if so how do you get it back. I've even gone onto the garmin website to look for firmware to make it speak, but it will not. I've had it into the BMW shops and we know its not the bike wiring, etc. Is this a GPS hardware issue or a firmware issue?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
BMWK1200LT said:
Okay, has anyone ever lost the voice command on their GPS Navigator III unit before and if so how do you get it back. I've even gone onto the garmin website to look for firmware to make it speak, but it will not. I've had it into the BMW shops and we know its not the bike wiring, etc. Is this a GPS hardware issue or a firmware issue?
go to menu > volume > be certain it is not set to mute. check the set up to be certain voice command is activated.
on the bottom of the lower left of the bmw pad (the one that stays with the bike when gps is removed) there is an external speaker jack, plug in a speaker and see if it works
Last if yours came with auto adapter, plug it into your car, the 12v cig. adapter has a speaker built into it.
Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts