BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to mount my Garmin Quest just above the radio controls like the Navigator II. Has anyone done this and what is the best way to do it.

I have the Garmin Motorcycle mount and some mounting arms from Cycoactive that I used on my FJR1300. Need to get it mounted on my '05 LT.

Thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hallo,

My mount is screwed onto a LT specific clamp which goes through the maplight. For details please see following link to the German BMW bilderpool. I put some pictures there. If you cannot have access I can also send the pictures by mail. Negative point: No maplight nomore. But be honest; do you really need it?

http://www.bmw-bilderpool.de/Quest-Montage

This clamp is offered from a small german company (www.motorrad-herden.de). That guy modified a baehr audiocable with a 3,5mm stereo plug to fit into the 3,5mm socket from the Garmin cable. So the sound goes through the baehr intercom. For power supply I used the existing power supply from the maplight. Advantage is that the power is cut if you lock the bike. (conection red-violett/ black-brown). The location is perfect. Even if the sun is nearly down you can see still everything without problems.
The protection is better then on the handlebar even if the Quest is designed for outdoor use.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
frankenralf said:
Hallo,

My mount is screwed onto a LT specific clamp which goes through the maplight. For details please see following link to the German BMW bilderpool. I put some pictures there. If you cannot have access I can also send the pictures by mail. Negative point: No maplight nomore. But be honest; do you really need it?

http://www.bmw-bilderpool.de/Quest-Montage

This clamp is offered from a small german company (www.motorrad-herden.de). That guy modified a baehr audiocable with a 3,5mm stereo plug to fit into the 3,5mm socket from the Garmin cable. So the sound goes through the baehr intercom. For power supply I used the existing power supply from the maplight. Advantage is that the power is cut if you lock the bike. (conection red-violett/ black-brown). The location is perfect. Even if the sun is nearly down you can see still everything without problems.
The protection is better then on the handlebar even if the Quest is designed for outdoor use.
Ralf:

That is a good clean look and I may go that route if I cannot find a good clean install option where the Navigator II mounts (just above the stereo buttons).

·
Registered
34 Posts
hammick said:
Ralf:

That is a good clean look and I may go that route if I cannot find a good clean install option where the Navigator II mounts (just above the stereo buttons).
Hammick,

thanks for your statement. I first looked also for a mount in the hight of the stereo buttons or directly on the radio cover. But by riding a LT with this kind of mount I found out that for looking onto the screen I had to lower my head.
The way I did has the advantage that the screen indicating your direction is always in front of you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts