BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just updating my Navigator 4, and I noticed in the update it now allows for XM radio (I assume with an antenna).

Is this true? I've got the Nav 4, and Sirius XM is already a part of my RT's radio system, but if I had known this, I might have just purchased the Nav 4 (or Zumo 665, I suppose). Anyways, this may be good news for those who want XM radio with their Nav 4.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,260 Posts
The XM antenna for the Garmin is more than an antenna it is also the XM radio, so I don't know what you would have saved. The update just allows you to control it.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jzeiler said:
The XM antenna for the Garmin is more than an antenna it is also the XM radio, so I don't know what you would have saved. The update just allows you to control it.
No, I understood that you need the antenna, and it is also the firmware that controls the radio. The 665, of course, includes the XM puck, but I know it can be found for cheap on eBay.

My point was, it wasn't too long ago that you couldn't control the XM radio at all with the Nav 4. Also, I prefer the XM radios to the Sirius radios (despite their merger), because the XM radios provide baseball and hockey. Sirius doesn't.

When I was looking for a used RT, I made sure that it had XM radio. I ran across several that had the Nav 4 installed. If I had known this, I could have saved me a couple of thousand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts