BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw a BMW Navigator 3 on eBay and was looking for guidance. I have heard great things about the 3 and thought I might be able to pick up a used one for my RT. I'm hoping to get in without spending >$900 that a new Navigator 4 would cost me. The unit came off a R1200RT.

Does anyone have a perspective on whether the 3 is a good unit or should I keep saving my money and get a Navigator 4 later? Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160514827270&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Good unit, still worth buying today. But I wouldn't pay more than $300 for it.

On a side note: I'm not too sure that this thread won't attract several potential competing bidders. I probably wouldn't have asked this question in one of the largest BMW forums on the internet. Just sayin'...

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
messenger13_ver2 said:
Good unit, still worth buying today. But I wouldn't pay more than $300 for it.

On a side note: I'm not too sure that this thread won't attract several potential competing bidders. I probably wouldn't have asked this question in one of the largest BMW forums on the internet. Just sayin'...
Pretty Damn much...

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
The Nav III is a Garmin Street Pilot, with a mount.

At this point it is two versions behind the current one offered by dealers.

If it is GPS you want, go look for a Zumo 550/450 or the motorcycle version of the Zumo 650/660... either of which is considerably more modern than the Nav III... just my opinion.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm very happy with my Garmin Nuvi 255. Pros: waterproof (IPX7), long-life battery, bright screen, great size. Cons: no headphone jack, no bluetooth. Cost: ~$250.

·
Registered
46 Posts
TheoM said:
I'm very happy with my Garmin Nuvi 255. Pros: waterproof (IPX7), long-life battery, bright screen, great size. Cons: no headphone jack, no bluetooth. Cost: ~$250.
Yes :yeah:

·
Registered
832 Posts
FuziPoodle said:
I just saw a BMW Navigator 3 on eBay and was looking for guidance. I have heard great things about the 3 and thought I might be able to pick up a used one for my RT. I'm hoping to get in without spending >$900 that a new Navigator 4 would cost me. The unit came off a R1200RT.

Does anyone have a perspective on whether the 3 is a good unit or should I keep saving my money and get a Navigator 4 later? Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160514827270&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT
I have that same unit. It may be dated, but it works fine.

·
Registered
657 Posts
FuziPoodle said:
I just saw a BMW Navigator 3 on eBay and was looking for guidance. ....
I have had the same Nav III on my last two BMWs. It's a great system, but if you don't need the BlueTooth option, I'd get a different Garmin, like a 27/28xx. The one thing different with the OEM Nav III is the mounting cradle. It gives some flexibility in controlling your GPS, but if mine broke I believe I'd just get another 2720 like the one in my truck and use it. The software is about the same as the Nav III minus the BlueTooth.

·
Registered
616 Posts
messenger13_ver2 said:
I'm not too sure that this thread won't attract several potential competing bidders. I probably wouldn't have asked this question in one of the largest BMW forums on the internet. Just sayin'...

:think: :think: :think:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Deek said:
I have had the same Nav III on my last two BMWs. It's a great system, but if you don't need the BlueTooth option, I'd get a different Garmin, like a 27/28xx. QUOTE]
The 2820 has bluetooth capability.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Kaybee40 said:
Deek said:
I have had the same Nav III on my last two BMWs. It's a great system, but if you don't need the BlueTooth option, I'd get a different Garmin, like a 27/28xx. QUOTE]
The 2820 has bluetooth capability.
I've got a Garmin 2720....and also the NavIII. I don't know much about the 28xx series...obviously. <g>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts