BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and didn't find anything. Has anyone mounted a Navigator V on an LT yet? It looks like the cradle uses the same 4 mounting screws so it would likely fit the LT Nav III cradle. I am guessing it would be hard to get it to talk to the VOICE II system, but my Nav III is getting long in the tooth and I am thinking about what's next.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Don't know if this helps answer your question or not...

I used a Nav III mount and modified it for the Garmin Zumo 660 that I have, which is essentially the same unit as the Nav V. I had to add nylon spacers to the mount to make it work with the Zumo mounting system. It did require drilling (dremel) out a much larger hole for the wires to pass through into the stingray.

I don't have a Voice system on my '05, so I can't comment on integration with that, but I did integrate it with a Starcom1 Advance system (wired intercom) that I have essentially integrated into the BMW system. That part was a ton of work, which although it added a large wiring loom, it works great. I did this all right before the Sena systems appeared. If I was to want this kind of functionality today, I'd just wire the Zumo into an aux in so I can hear the Nav etc through the speakers if I choose, and get a Sena system and be done with it...

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Spoke to my BMW guy yesterday and he said the V will fit my '02 LT but needs to be professionally wired for installation (naturally, he's the dealer). I'll check that out.

Please share whatever you find out because I want to upgrade too. My LT came with the original NAV system. It's so old and out of date that it still has Fred Flintstone's address in Bedrock.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Fred is still in Bedrock on the newer ones also...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Voyager,

Did you ever make any progress installing the Navigator V on your LT?

Stu

:bmw:

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Voyager,

Did you ever make any progress installing the Navigator V on your LT?

Stu

:bmw:
No, still nursing the Nav 3 along. Probably will tackle this in the spring depending on how well the clutch repair goes... :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought a ram ball mount which bolted onto the top two original holes and then added onto it with a two inch ram arm I fitted my Zumo 660. Piece of cake and work perfectly.
Hope that helps.

Phil

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought a ram ball mount which bolted onto the top two original holes and then added onto it with a two inch ram arm I fitted my Zumo 660. Piece of cake and work perfectly.
Hope that helps.

Phil
How did you interface it to the VOICE II intercom do as to hear the turn commands?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts