BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I even called the dealer - MAX BWM. I write their name because of their lack of an answer and lack of knowledge.

My simple question, on my 2015 1200RT, and new Nav, purchased for $800; I have no voice commands for directions. Why would the directions being generated off the integrated Nav unit,NOT come out their own speakers. I actual use ear buds, tapped to the speaker output wires at the head unit.

Anyhow, the issue is STILL no voice commands off the Nav. Am I crazy to expect voice prompts? I am hoping the uninformed dealer, (who claims not to have a manual at the dealership)is wrong.

Any information of how to hear my voice directions, would be very helpful. Again, I would prefer to use the bike's sound system for this and not BT. I do have a Sena, however, would prefer to use the hardwired buds.
Thanks

·
Registered
147 Posts
Two things I would check first off are: 1) do you have "voice prompts" turned on under the Nav V settings menu? 2) Voice prompts won't come through the speakers unless the radio is turned on. If you don't want music, select the input to AUX or USB. You lose the digital speedo.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Its a well know problem. assuming prompts are switched on etc., with bike running and nav on, press the mute on the screen then unmute.. This satnav has the same problem as the NUVI. when you switch the bike off the satnav is put in sleep mode instead of off to enable quick start up. problem is it kills the sound

·
Registered
323 Posts
Its a well know problem. assuming prompts are switched on etc., with bike running and nav on, press the mute on the screen then unmute.. This satnav has the same problem as the NUVI. when you switch the bike off the satnav is put in sleep mode instead of off to enable quick start up. problem is it kills the sound
You need the mute/unmute on the wonder wheel to get the voice prompts. Heaps of threads about it around here.

·
Registered
262 Posts
You need the mute/unmute on the wonder wheel to get the voice prompts. Heaps of threads about it around here.
I didn't know you could do this with the wonder wheel. I always just mute/unmute on the screen

·
Registered
659 Posts
I didn't know you could do this with the wonder wheel. I always just mute/unmute on the screen
It works with the touch screen as well as the wonder wheel...just easier with the screen.

·
Premium Member
5,405 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
For what its worth, if you move the unit to your auto, there's no speaker within the unit, so you need the NAV V car kit with speaker built into the mount or perhaps pair the unit with a bluetooth speaker.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts