BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always had difficulty having Basecamp recognize my connected Nav V. I'm running the latest OS X and have all Garmin updates installed. Now with this latest North American map update I cannot get Basecamp to stay connected to the Nav V. It recognizes it, then says it's reading maps "blue area" (see screen shot in first file) then craps out (see second screen shot). What I can't figure out is why does it need to read the maps from the Nav V when I have them installed on the computer in Basecamp. Is there someway to switch this off so it doesn't crash? Or any other solution would be appreciated.

Sorry for the files, I couldn't figure out how to get the screen shots loaded a pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I would check the usb cable, they can go bad. I have a Passport hard drive that was acting flaky always got a message that the drive was not ejected properly so I bought a new one to replace it, I tried using the new cable with the old drive and it worked fine with that cable. Might be similar problem with your GPS, you might already have a cable from a camera that would work or you should be able to get the cable for $10.

Gerhard

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just tried a different cable, same result. We received new Dell XPS laptops at work on Friday running Windows 8.x and all the latest stuff so this morning I installed BaseCamp and Garmin Express. No issues, everything works fine so it must be a Mac software related issue at home. Ah, the occassional joys of Mac ownership :rolleyes:

·
Registered
36 Posts
My Nav V has been VERY picky about which cable. I have many cables that work with other items, but only one that will maintain a connection long enough to update.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,556 Posts
My 660 (similar to the NAV V) always loads the internal maps into Basecamp and I have to wait for it to fully load before I can do anything. Looks like it had not finished loading in your first screen shot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts