BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What am I missing.
I have been trying to connect my Android cell to my Nav V, but am having no luck.
When in Bluetooth & searching for connections, all works, discovers my Android phone, but when it connects (shows under the Cell Phone) it only shows that for 5 secs or so then disconnects & I get a message that says I should put the Nav V into the car mount.
I have tried another Android cell & an Iphone I get the same result.
I have had no issues connecting my Sena SMH-10R to the Nav V or my 2016 RT LC via bike bluetooth.

Have read everything I can find & I don't see what I'm doing wrong!

Any suggestions

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Do you have the Sena connected when you try to pair the phone? If I remember, you have to have bluetooth communication connected before the Nav V will pair with your phone (I'm assuming a safety thing). I know my phone won't connect until I've turned on the BMW Communications system in my helmet.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Unpair everything and turn it all off. Leave the phone turned off until you have everything else paired...this way it will not try to connect at the wrong sequence. Then pair the phone to the Nav V.

Ron

·
Registered
542 Posts
What am I missing.
I have been trying to connect my Android cell to my Nav V, but am having no luck.
When in Bluetooth & searching for connections, all works, discovers my Android phone, but when it connects (shows under the Cell Phone) it only shows that for 5 secs or so then disconnects & I get a message that says I should put the Nav V into the car mount.
I have tried another Android cell & an Iphone I get the same result.
I have had no issues connecting my Sena SMH-10R to the Nav V or my 2016 RT LC via bike bluetooth.

Have read everything I can find & I don't see what I'm doing wrong!

Any suggestions
What protocols and sequences have you linked the Sena to the Bike and to the Nav. There are several threads that discuss this, and I recently came across a new pairing sequence that seems very stable. I will add it to this thread after you have tried what has already been suggested.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I recently came across a new pairing sequence between my Sena smh 10, my iPhone 6, my Nav 5 and my 2014 R1200 RT. My previously posted sequence on this forum seemed to becoming increasingly flakey, and I was not able to initiate or receive calls on my iPhone. For what it is worth, here is a sequence that seems very stable, and is unlike anything I have ever seen posted before. It is from A-Red Bill and was posted on the BMWSportTouring forum and I am quoting it verbatim. The following is the link. It is worth a try for anyone who is having pairing difficulties. The only weird thing about it is that the Sena is paired to the BMW bike using Phone Pairing Mode.
Tips and Tricks, SENA SMH10 Pairing - BMWSportTouring Forums

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I recently came across a new pairing sequence between my Sena smh 10, my iPhone 6, my Nav 5 and my 2014 R1200 RT. My previously posted sequence on this forum seemed to becoming increasingly flakey, and I was not able to initiate or receive calls on my iPhone. For what it is worth, here is a sequence that seems very stable, and is unlike anything I have ever seen posted before. It is from A-Red Bill and was posted on the BMWSportTouring forum and I am quoting it verbatim. The following is the link. It is worth a try for anyone who is having pairing difficulties. The only weird thing about it is that the Sena is paired to the BMW bike using Phone Pairing Mode.
Tips and Tricks, SENA SMH10 Pairing - BMWSportTouring Forums
Thanks for the help, I had tried many different options in trying to set up.

This is the setup to follow, only thing I can't get to work yet is voice call from Sena to Android phone, it uses Google speech thru WiFii, which isn't available when your riding. But it isn't important to me.
Thanks for the help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts