BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any info on NAV V integration with 2015RT? Is it the same as 2014 RT or enhanced/upgraded to match the level of integration on GS model?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Not yet so far... BMW has already posted this under the accessories section of the new 2015 RT:

Special feature with the K52:
- Convenience of operation by Multi-Controller and the menu in the on-board multifunction display (as on the K48)
- Only in combination with optional extra 0272 "Preparation for navigation system" (retrofit technically possible)
• See separate product information bulletin for more detailed information on the Navigator V
- The "My Motorcycle" and "Warnings and status messages" described there are specific to the K50/51 and are not available for the K52.

GRRRRR.....

·
Registered
204 Posts
Rode the GS yesterday with the Nav 5...

Really good.

:rolleyes:

Why does a more expensive bike have less integration...?

Same engine, same Canbus...only a matter of software, surely...

:mad:

·
Registered
418 Posts

So you will upgrade to a '16. Software companies been doing this for 30yrs.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Rode the GS yesterday with the Nav 5...

Really good.

:rolleyes:

I think it's because the RT has the information available through the RID and the GS doesn't. I'm not real happy about that BUT if you hit the speed window in the "dashboard" it brings up a lot of info that you would normally have to "wheel" through the RID to get.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I think it's because the RT has the information available through the RID and the GS doesn't. I'm not real happy about that BUT if you hit the speed window in the "dashboard" it brings up a lot of info that you would normally have to "wheel" through the RID to get.
What do you mean by hit the speed window in the dashboard?

·
Registered
159 Posts
You mean on the GPS...?
Touch the speed readout with your finger. It functions as a link that takes you to a different screen.
O.K. Thanks, got it;)

The only touch screen is the GPS, the panel display is the toggle wheel. Touching the speed on the GPS dashboard brings up the same screen that you can toggle through in the NAV page(s) with the toggle wheel. It is the same screen and info that you can access using the same method on older Garmin units (like my 660). There is info on trip logs, distance, avg,max speed, sunrise, sunset etc.

Sadly, it does not have anything like the info on the "My Bike" page like the GS. I was hoping I was missing something.

It is a quicker way to get to this page, IMO, than scrolling through the touch wheel.

Thanks, Greg and mountain rider!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sorry I wasn't more specific.

I haven't messed with the display to see if you can change the fields like you can in the GPS Dashboard. Might be interesting the next time I fire it up.

There is a whole thread on AdvRider.com dedicated to the NAV V in the Laying down tracks forum. Most of them are GS riders but there is a lot of undocumented features, some apply to the RT, some don't.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts