BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I posted in the LT forum with no success, so I'm trying here. I want to install a Nav IV with the oem cradle (picture 1) in my '05 K1200LT. Is there an existing plug on the bike I can use, or do I need to splice the cradle's wire into a power source? My dealer has no clue, and the only vacant plug I can find is with the radio connections (picture 2), and it doesn't match. I'd rather not butcher the oem cradle, but will if that's the only way to do it.

Thanks,
Charlie

Attachments

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
most of the aftermarket installs including myself, use the little light above the speedo for a power source as it is only hot with the key on

·
Registered
79 Posts
I was just at the dealer today and purchased a Nav I'V to put on my 05 LT. He indicated I would have to splice it in as the NAV I'V connection was not designed to work with the older bike Com Systems. Only possibility was to splice power in and use blue Tooth helmet speakers to pair up with the unit. Only way to play the music or NAV inputs thru your speakers would be to then connect headphones external input connection if they have one via wire to the Aux line in in the oddments box. If there is another way he did not know of one.

If anyone has another way I'd be interested as well as this is a winter project for me to do. I only bought the Nav I'V cause it was such a good deal with the NAV V out now. I have an old Nav II that just had to go!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I would tap into the battery or another source that is switched for power.

I would also NOT mangle the OEM cables. I would instead use something like this

or this

To tap into the existing wiring harness for the cradle

In this THREAD there is a part @ for a wiring harness that adapts into the wiring harness for the NAV IV

Hope this helps..

·
Premium Member
7,622 Posts
I posted in the LT forum with no success, so I'm trying here. I want to install a Nav IV with the oem cradle (picture 1) in my '05 K1200LT. Is there an existing plug on the bike I can use, or do I need to splice the cradle's wire into a power source? My dealer has no clue, and the only vacant plug I can find is with the radio connections (picture 2), and it doesn't match. I'd rather not butcher the oem cradle, but will if that's the only way to do it.

Thanks,
Charlie
Is the white connector from the Nav 4 cradle a 3 pin like wan the Nav 3 used?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Charlie,
I am the proud owner of a BMW k1200 LT (2007) and I am thinking to buy a second hand BMW Motorrad Navigator IV with a 4 Button Mount Cradle (Serial number #77527721940 ).

I would like to know the following about the 4 Button Mount Cradle (Serial number #77527721940 ):
-Does it fit in the K1200LT?
-Can you hear the GPS voice (directions) through the speakers in the motorcycle?
-I believe it has MP3 player. Can you hear it through the speakers in the motorcycle?
-I believe it can read fuel tank level. Does it work in the k1200LT?
-Do you recommend it in a K1200LT?

Please, I would appreciate any help.
Thank you
Alex.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts