BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you delete a Favourite folder on the Nav IV? You can delete way points but I haven't found a way to delete folders in the Nav IV.

Thanks
Garry

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
To delete the favorite
- touch the favorite to highlight
- below the GO! there is a edit tab button - touch edit
- then touch the delete tab at the bottom
- then confirm the delete

Hope his helps
Dennis

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To delete the favorite
- touch the favorite to highlight
- below the GO! there is a edit tab button - touch edit
- then touch the delete tab at the bottom
- then confirm the delete

Hope his helps
Dennis
I know this for Favorites but I want to delete the sub folder they are in. Maybe you have to delete all the favorites in the sub folder to automatically delete the folder.

Garry

·
Registered
148 Posts
Did you try connecting the GPS to a computer and opening it to show the folders then delete ??

·
Registered
616 Posts
I know this for Favorites but I want to delete the sub folder they are in. Maybe you have to delete all the favorites in the sub folder to automatically delete the folder.

Garry
Favorties or organized by Category. A Category will automatically go away when there are no more Favorites in it.

A Favorite can show up in multiple Categories. So I suggest you think of a Category as a label, rather than as a folder. That metaphor fits the behavior better, as a folder on a Windows or MacOS file system is a container, and files can reside in only one folder. A Nav IV Favorite can have as many Category labels as you want to put on it.

You can empty a Category by deleting all of the Favorites in it, or by removing that Category label from all Favorites. You change the Categories assigned to a Favorite by Where To?->Favorites->(choose a Category or "All Favorites")->(choose a Favorite)->Edit->Change Categories. Note that the Change Categories command is at the bottom of the Edit list, so you have to scroll down to see it.

Did you try connecting the GPS to a computer and opening it to show the folders then delete ??
That will not work. As noted above, Categories are not represented by folders on the file system. And you can't delete Favorites or Routes from the Nav IV internal memory from the computer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts