BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My nav4 in my k1600gtl will not turn on or shut off with the ignition it doesn't appear like it's charging. Other than that it functions properly when I manually start it and charge it with the 110volt charger. Possible is there a connection on the bike not making contact. With just 300 miles absolutely love the k1600 gtl. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
logistics said:
Possible is there a connection on the bike not making contact.

From other threads, (the other K1600 forum) I think that is the problem. Try removing it and making sure the contacts are clean. Another possibility is that the wire at the power connection is loose. it seems like a warranty issue.

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,602 Posts
First make sure it is locked into the cradle. You can set it in the cradle & not have it locked in. It will not be connected to the bikes wiring till it is locked in.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I can tell if the Nav 4 is locked in correctly by looking at the menus on the bike display. If the device is correctly seated you should see a menu about navigation as you move through them with the handlebar button. If the menu option is not there, the bike is not seeing the Nav4.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts