BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2011 R1200 RT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new guy to the BMW world just having purchased a 2011 R1200RT. Received a new ZTechnik windscreen this week to try in lieu of the aftermarket screen that was on the RT. Installation was easy and overall the optical quality is good - some distortion in the area of the curves to the windscreen. Took it out for 150 mile test ride in the Texas hill country yesterday. With the screen in the lowest position, had wind to my chest but it was not objectionable. Raising the screen up 2 - 3 inches and I was pretty much riding in quiet air and could hear music via the helmet speaker w/o any problem. Little to no wind noise, just heard noise from the tires and engine. Verdict - it is a keeper but I'm looking to purchase a used OEM windscreen for summer use for a little more air flow. Just wish that the ZTechnik was a little bit narrower is the only gripe.

Ed W.
Kerrville, TX

·
Registered
'22 1250 GSA next week. '17 RTW ready to trade.
254 Posts
I tried the Z Technik for the RT and wasn't impressed. Quality is great but the design doesn't do it for me.

It wasn't clean and wind came around and pushed on my back. I got an Aeroflow Tall. It is pretty long. You only need to put it halfway up or less to get the pocket of quiet air. You get a good bit of air on your arms. It works at 80+ mph too. Quite a nice screen.

I like Z-Techik quality and they're made 30 miles from my house, so I can actually go to the factory to pick things up. I bought their tallest screen for my 22 GSA. I've tried Aeroflow and Wunderlich and like the ZTechnik best.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Verdict - it is a keeper but I'm looking to purchase a used OEM windscreen for summer use for a little more air flow. Just wish that the ZTechnik was a little bit narrower is the only gripe.
Ed: Got one for you.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts