BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the Nolan N90 modular helmets and and trying to figure out the best bluetooth system to put in to them. The price is nearly the same if I go with the basic 2 and the N-Com B3 or if I go with the N-Com B4 which includes the basic 2 with it. Does anyone have any suggestions???

Randy :confused:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just purchased two N85's Nolans newest full face helmet. The space for the N-Com appears inviting, however, all of the reviews and I dug deep were to say the least inconsistent. I also talked to RevZilla and they basically came up with three configurations. If you get the info from Nolan it is about as confusing as it gets. I will keep checking as its not like there are any real bargin solutions they all seem to have their quriks. I just wish Nolan was not so quriky. Best of luck and I will keep you informed if I do end up with the N-Com as that space looks mighty inviting, small and practical.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I agree, the reviews I was able to find varied quite a bit. I did however order two new Nolan N90 Modular helmets, two N-com Basic 2 kits and two N-com E-Box 3's. My wife told me the Basic 2 kits arrived today, (I'm out of town on business til Thursday night). I should have all my new toys by the time I get home. Can't wait to get everything installed and tested out. I will keep you posted on how it all works. I am planning on mainly using Bluetooth for the helmet to helmet intercom and to receive calls, play music and use GPS from my phone. I also plan on incorporating the bikes CB radio using a cable occasionally, mainly on long group rides with other riders with CB radios.

Randy

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have 2 Nolan Helmets, a older 102 and a N-90. I just purchased the 3-E-box for the 102, the problem I ran into was I had an older version of the basic kit which did not work with the newer E-box. I contacted CIMA International, they are the distributor for Nolan www.nolan-usa.com. Great bunch of guys, I explained the problem I had, I sent the helmet out to them, they installed the newer version and now I can listen to music,take calls and use my GPS. I would suggest if you have any problems or questions give them a call, they were very helpful. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I want very much to get rid of the cords for listening to music etc. To listen to music, are you doing bluetooth from your phone or MP3 player, or has someone figured a way to connect to the sound system on an LT?

I have my IPOD connected to the sound system, and I like using the haqndlebar controls to control my music, also not having to worry about the battery level on the IPOD for a long trip.

I don't much want phone calls while I am on my bike, but connecting to the GPS, two way radio radar detector etc. might be someing I would like to dol.

The N-COM is limited to only three bluetooth connections, but I think I could live with that.

Looking for advice - FEEDME.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.